- Dendrimer-based postnatal therapy for neuroinflammation and cerebral palsy in a rabbit model. Sci Transl Med. 2012;4(130):130ra46. Kannan S, Dai H, Navath RS, Balakrishnan B, Jyoti A, Janisse J, Romero R, Kannan RM. Highlighted in Nature, Science, Nature Review Drug Discovery, Chemical and Engineering News, and other media. (Superior brain delivery of NAC through OP-101, in a clinically relevant rabbit model of CP, leads to dramatic improvement in motor function, associated with improved neuronal counts, reduced neuroinflammation and oxidative stress)
- Dendrimer-based targeted intravitreal therapy for sustained attenuation of neuroinflammation in retinal degeneration. Biomaterials. 2012;33(3):979-88. Iezzi R, Guru BR, Glybina IV, Mishra MK, Kennedy A, Kannan RM. Highlighted in Retina Today (August 13). (Sustained, targeted intravitreal therapy for retinal degeneration, in a rat model)
- Systemic dendrimer-drug treatment of ischemia-induced neonatal white matter injury. J Control Release. 2015. 214:112-20. Nance E, Porambo M, Zhang F, Mishra MK, Buelow M, Getzenberg R, Johnston M, Kannan RM, Fatemi A, Kannan S. (Systemic, targeted treatment of neonatal brain injury in a mouse model)
- Dendrimer brain uptake and targeted therapy for brain injury in a large animal model of hypothermic circulatory arrest. ACS Nano 2014;8(3):2134-2147. Mishra MK, Beaty CA, Lesniak WG, Kambhampati SP, Zhang F, Wilson MA, Blue ME, Troncoso JC, Kannan S, Johnston MV, Baumgartner WA, Kannan RM. (Targeted therapy for brain injury in a canine model of hypothermic circulatory arrest)
- Nanoscale effects in dendrimer-mediated targeting of neuroinflammation, Biomaterials, 2016; 101:96-107. Nance E, Zhang F, Mishra MK, Zhang Z, Kambhampati SK, Kannan RM, Kannan SK. (On the mechanism of how systemic PAMAM hydroxyl dendrimer targets inflammation in the brain in a rabbit model)
- Intrinsic targeting of inflammatory cells in the brain by polyamidoamine dendrimers upon subarachnoid administration. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2010;5(9):1317-29. Dai H, Navath RS, Balakrishnan B, Guru BR, Mishra MK, Romero R, Kannan RM, Kannan S.
- Poly(amidoamine) dendrimer-drug conjugates with disulfide linkages for intracellular drug delivery. Biomaterials. 2009;30(11):2112-21. Kurtoglu YE, Navath RS, Wang B, Kannan S, Romero R, Kannan RM. (OP-101 in cells: Superior intracellular delivery of NAC using dendrimers in microglial cells)
- Uniform brain tumor distribution and tumor associated macrophage targeting of systemically administered dendrimers. Biomaterials. 2015. 52:507-16. Zhang F, Mastorakos P, Mishra MK, Mangraviti A, Hwang L, Zhou J, Hanes J, Brem H, Olivi A, Tyler B, Kannan RM. (Selective targeting of tumor associated macrophages in a brain tumor, from systemic administration)
- Systemic and Intravitreal Delivery of Dendrimers to Activated Microglia/Macrophage in Ischemia/Reperfusion Mouse Retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015. 56(8):4413-24. Kambhampati SP, Clunies-Ross AJ, Bhutto I, Mishra MK, Edwards M, McLeod DS, Kannan RM, Lutty G. (Targeting neuroinflammation in the eye from systemic administration, in a mouse model).
- Dendrimers Target the Ischemic Lesion in Rodent and Primate Models of Nonarteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy, Gao Y, Johnson MA, Mehrabian Z, Mishra MK, Kannan RM, Miller NR, Bernstein SL, PlosOne, 11(4): e0154437. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0154437 (Dendrimer targeting of neuroinflammation from systemic administration in a primate model).